If there's ever a go-to dinner in my house, it's got to be the stir-fry. It's fast, it's easy and it's a great way of using up any left-overs in your fridge!
But I feel sorry for the stiry-fry. They get stick for being boring but there's actually so much you can do with them.
I was challenged by Blue Dragon and the Foodies 100 to come up with a delicious recipe inspired by the far-East so I wanted to show that there is so much more you can do with your stir-fry!This recipe uses lots of clean, healthy ingredients and is a fab way to pack in your 5-a-day. I've used almond butter to pack in some good fats, some chilli flakes to rev up the metabolism and loads of vegetables for those all-important nutrients!
This recipe is meat-free but if you want to bulk it out with some more protein - you can add some chicken or prawns, or even an egg. The beauty of stir-fry is that there is no rules - whatever takes your fancy!What you'll need
1/2 chopped red onion
1/2 red pepper - cut into stripes
2 florets of broccoli
Handful green beans
5 chopped mushrooms
1/2 thumb size piece of ginger
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tbsp smooth almond butter
10ml Blue Dragon Soy sauce
10ml Blue Dragon Rice Wine Vinegar
2 nests Blue Dragon egg noodles
1 generous pinch of chilli flakes
Coconut Oil - for cooking
What you'll need to do
1. In a small saucepan, boil water and add your noodle nests to cook
2. In a separate pan or wok, melt the coconut oil and gently fry the ginger, garlic and onions.
3. Once softened, throw in your peppers, mushrooms, beans, broccoli and peppers
4. Add in your chilli flakes for a kick of spice.
5. In a small bowl, mix the almond butter, soy sauce and the rice wine vinegar6. Throw your noodles into the frying pan and coat with the sauce
7. Serve and enjoy!
*This post is an entry to the Foodies100 Chinese New Year recipe challenge sponsored by Blue Dragon. The range of Blue Dragon products is available in all major supermarkets at an RRP from £0.69. To find out more, visit www.bluedragon.co.uk